Brazil is one of the most spectacular countries in Latin America, ideal to visit and enjoy. Surely, there you will need a cellular internet connection to stay connected at all times of the trip. In this article, you will find out what are the options to get mobile internet in Brazil.
Among the alternatives to get mobile internet in Brazil, we will discuss virtual eSIM, prepaid SIM, SIM card of national operators, pocket WiFi, and free WiFi. Discover the ideal option for you!
- 1 eSIM to get mobile internet in Brazil
- 2 Physical SIM card to get mobile internet in Brazil
- 3 Acquire a SIM card with national operators in Brazil.
- 4 Pay for roaming to get mobile internet in Brazil.
- 5 Using Pocket WiFi in Brazil
- 6 Free WiFi in Brazil
- 7 What is the best option for mobile internet in Brazil?
- 8 Frequently asked questions to get mobile Internet in Brazil
eSIM to get mobile internet in Brazil
The first option to get mobile internet in Brazil is through a virtual alternative. This is the virtual eSIM data, a device that is booming in cellular connectivity. A recommended place to buy this virtual SIM card is Holafly’s online store, and its eSIM for Brazil has the following prices:
|Days of use||Amount of Data||Price (USD)|
|30 days||5GB||$44 USD|
You already knew the data variant and price of Holafly’s eSIM for Brazil, it is time for you to know about the advantages and disadvantages of carrying this virtual SIM card in your cellphone during your trip.
Advantages of Holafly’s eSIM for mobile internet in Brazil
Fortunately, Holafly’s eSIM for Brazil has a series of advantages of use, which will make your connectivity experience in this country incredible. Let’s take a look at them:
- Share your cellular data with more devices, in case you travel with more people or with other devices.
- Easy installation of the eSIM through a QR code, which will arrive in your email shortly after the purchase.
- There is no need to change your phone number in WhatsApp, you can continue using this app as regularly.
- It is possible to use the eSIM and the physical SIM at the same time.
- Holafly’s 24-hour attention and support through the store’s virtual chat, they can support you in different languages.
- High-speed internet connection, generally in 4G networks.
Some negative points of the eSIM Brazil for internet access
Even though Holafly’s eSIM for Brazil has great and useful advantages of using to the internet, there are also a number of aspects to consider before purchase.
- It is an eSIM for internet connection only.
- It does not include local or international calls.
- Text messages are not available.
- It is not a toppable eSIM.
On the other hand, there is another issue to keep in mind and that is that not all phones on the market today are compatible with eSIM technology. Here is the list of cellphones suitable for the virtual SIM card:
Google Pixel 4, 4 XL, 4a, 5. Samsung Galaxy S20, S20+, and S20 Ultra onwards. iPhone XS, XR onwards, includes iPhone SE 2 (2020). Galaxy Fold, Fold 2 onwards. Samsung Galaxy Note 20 onwards. Samsung Galaxy Z Flip onwards. Huawei P40, P40 Pro. Huawei Mate 40 Pro. Google Pixel 3, 3a. Oppo Find X3 Pro, Reno 5A. Motorola Razr (2019). Motorola Razr 5G.
Physical SIM card to get mobile internet in Brazil
If your cellphone is one of those that are not suitable to handle eSIM, don’t worry, there is a second option. Holafly is a virtual store that also sells physical SIMs for many countries in the world, and has the SIM for Brazil. Check out the prices and data variants of this SIM card:
|Days of use||Amount of Data||Price (USD)|
|30 days||8GB||$37 USD|
|30 days||12GB||$48 USD|
As with Holafly’s eSIM for Brazil, this physical SIM card for cellular internet in this country also has advantages and disadvantages, which you should consider.
Positive aspects of Holafly’s SIM for Brazil
The Holafly SIM card for use in Brazil is a cellular device that has several advantages. Below, we show you the most outstanding ones, which will surely catch your attention:
- This physical SIM card also works in other countries such as Chile, Peru, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Panama, Puerto Rico, Uruguay, Costa Rica.
- You keep your WhatsApp number, no problem.
- 24-hour support from the Holafly team, in case you have a connection problem.
- The Brazil SIM card includes a phone number, and you can use this number to receive calls.
- Simple installation and activation instructions.
- Connection speed on 3G networks.
Disadvantages of Holafly’s SIM card for Brazil
Likewise, as with the eSIM, this physical SIM card for Brazil from Holafly also has some negative aspects for you to consider before making your purchase:
- It does not allow mobile data sharing.
- Although the connection is fast, it is anchored to 3G networks.
- It does not include SMS, nor does it allow making calls.
Acquire a SIM card with national operators in Brazil.
It is an option that is still in popular in airports around the world. We are talking about buying a prepaid SIM card in physical stores of local cellular operators. In Brazil, the most popular cell phone companies are TIM and Oi.
Both cellular operators have SIM cards or prepaid SIM cards to get an internet connection in Brazil. These physical SIMs, as in the case of Holafly, also have advantages and disadvantages of use. Let’s see them below.
Advantages of SIM cards from national operators in Brazil
TIM and Oi have prepaid SIM cards for cellular data, intended for tourists and travelers who will be a few days or a few weeks in Brazil. These are the advantages of using the SIM cards of these operators:
- Direct service and support from each operator, in case of problems with the internet connection.
- Different navigation options, including for social networks only.
- Connection speed in 4G LTE networks.
Disadvantages of the SIM cards of local operators in Brazil
The SIM card of Tim or Oi to get internet in Brazil, also have a number of disadvantages of use. See what they are:
- Minimum subscription contract to get any prepaid SIM card.
- The Portuguese language can be a disadvantage at the time of purchase.
- High prices compared to virtual stores.
Pay for roaming to get mobile internet in Brazil.
This is another way to stay connected to the internet in Brazil. We are talking about international roaming, the service provided by any operator for consuming MB, SMS, and making calls abroad. It is an alternative that is still used by international travelers.
International roaming is an option, but it has certain disadvantages to consider. Generally, the rates and prices for MB, SMS, and voice from your domestic operator are usually more expensive than in your home country. Here are the advantages and disadvantages of roaming for mobile internet in Brazil.
Advantages of international roaming in Brazil
For those who decide to purchase the international roaming service in Brazil, you should know that there are some advantages to use to get internet there.
- Assistance from your domestic operator, personalized and constant monitoring.
- You will have internet, text messages, and local and international calls.
- You will not have to worry about having internet when you land in Brazil.
Disadvantages of roaming for use in Brazil
Although roaming to get internet in Brazil has some advantages, the truth is that it has more negative aspects, especially for your pocket. Let’s take a look at its cons.
- There will be a bill when you return to your country.
- It is not a simple activation, in most cases.
- Rates for MB, messages, and calls, are quite expensive.
Using Pocket WiFi in Brazil
Foremost, Pocket WiFi is a portable device, capable of managing a wireless connection and being able to share mobile internet with other devices such as cell phones, tablets, and smartwatches.
But this portable device is not very practical for constant use. For example, you will depend on the device’s battery, you have to buy a physical data SIM card, and it can be a bit cumbersome to have to carry this electronic product everywhere.
Free WiFi in Brazil
This is the last alternative you have for an internet connection in Brazil. If your budget is low, look for free or open access WiFi networks in public or commercial places such as parks, squares, restaurants, bars, shopping malls, and other types of establishments.
However, when connecting to this type of free network, you must leave contact or personal data that could affect your security on the network. Also, once you leave the coverage area, you will no longer have access.
What is the best option for mobile internet in Brazil?
After looking at the main alternatives for mobile internet in Brazil, there is one that stands out. We are talking about Holafly’s online store. Both its eSIM and data SIM card for Brazil are devices that will give you the best mobile data experience. Do not hesitate to buy with Holafly because you will say goodbye to bad times with cellular connectivity.
Frequently asked questions to get mobile Internet in Brazil
Holafly and its team will provide assistance and technical support 24 hours a day, via chat. You can also be assisted by email or WhatsApp.
You do not need to present your passport to purchase the Brazil eSIM. In fact, it is an easy, simple, and safe purchase to make at Holafly’s online store.
Yes, with Holafly’s Brazil SIM card you will be able to receive calls, as it comes with a Brazilian phone number.
With this prepaid physical SIM card for Brazil, you will have an outstanding connection speed. You will not have to worry about problems loading pages or social networking applications.
We end this article with recommendations of other countries where you should have mobile internet: