If you are going to visit this beautiful country and its wonders, you should first plan how you’ll remain connected in Peru. Your experience and budget may vary depending on the plan you choose. If you are not sure about what to pick, here we will tell you everything you need to know about all the available possibilities.
You will see all the alternatives you have, from the eSIM and SIM card to the International Roaming or Pocket WiFi.
- 1 eSIM for Peru.
- 2 SIM card for Peru.
- 3 Claro and Entel, are local operators that offer SIM cards for Peru.
- 4 International Roaming.
- 5 Pocket Wifi in Peru.
- 6 Public Wifi in Peru.
- 7 Which is the best option to get the internet in Peru?
- 8 Frequent questions about the best way to be connected in Peru
eSIM for Peru.
This is one of the most sought-out options among travelers. Eventually, this small device will replace the traditional SIM cards. It offers the same services as the traditional SIM, without needing to install a physical card in your cellphone.
However, you have to know that not all eSIMs are the same. If you want to buy the best eSIM for Peru, you should check the Holafly online store and read about the eSIM they offer. Their eSIM has the following characteristics:
|Days of use||Data||Price (USD)|
Advantages of the Holafly eSIM for Peru.
Since not all stores offer the same eSIM, it’s best to read all the features of each card, to make sure you pick the eSIM that best suits your needs. The Holafly eSIM for Peru has the following characteristics:
- You keep your WhatsApp in your language.
- Easy installation process through the QR code you receive on your email.
- High-speed connection, (4G).
- You don’t receive invoices, and you won’t have to subscribe to the online store.
- You can share data with other devices.
- Furthermore, you can use both cards, the eSIM, and the SIM card at the same time, but your domestic operator will charge you for international roaming.
Disadvantages of the Holafly eSIM for Peru.
Even though it is such a great and modern alternative, the eSIM has its disadvantages too, and they are the following ones:
- It is a virtual SIM that only offers cellular data.
- You cannot extend the data plan to last longer.
- It does not include local or international texts or calls.
Also, not all devices are eSIM compatible, so you should check if your device can manage an eSIM before acquiring one. Here you have the list of compatible cellphones:
iPhone XS, XR onwards, includes the iPhone SE 2 (2020). Samsung Galaxy S20, S20+, and S20 Ultra onwards. Oppo Find X3 Pro, Reno 5A. Motorola Razr (2019). Motorola Razr 5G, Huawei Mate 40 Pro. Google Pixel 3, 3a. Google Pixel 4, 4 XL, 4a, 5. Galaxy Fold, Fold 2 onwards. Samsung Galaxy Note 20. Samsung Galaxy Z Flip onwards. Huawei P40, P40 Pro.
SIM card for Peru.
The Holafly SIM card for Peru is another good option, especially if your cellphone is not eSIM compatible. Holafly offers this product too, and it has the following characteristics:
|Days of use||Data||Price (USD)|
It also has its advantages and disadvantages, you will read about it below.
Advantages of the Holafly SIM card for Peru.
Depending on the company you choose, you will have different advantages. The Holafly SIM card has the following ones:
- Insert the SIM card in your cellphone when you land, activate the data roaming, and that’s it!
- Easy instructions for the installation and activation process.
- It is possible to share data with other devices.
- 24-hour chat service and support. You can also ask for help via WhatsApp or email.
- You keep your WhatsApp in your language.
- Unlimited data. 6 GB with 4G speed and unlimited 2G speed.
- It connects to the Orange network, one of the most stable and reliable in this country.
Disadvantages of the Holafly SIM card for Peru.
The SIM card for Peru has the following disadvantages:
- It only has data included.
- You cannot send or receive texts.
- There are no local or international calls.
Claro and Entel, are local operators that offer SIM cards for Peru.
Some travelers said that getting a prepaid SIM card in one of the physical stores at the airport is one of the easiest and more popular options. The operators we are referring to are Claro and Entel.
To get this card, you only have to visit one of the stores that offer the product. You can find them at the airport or in some malls. However, you should read the advantages and disadvantages of this alternative.
Advantages of the SIM card of the local operators.
The SIM cards of these companies have the following characteristics:
- Service and support in physical stores.
- Wide variety of browsing plans.
- There is no minimum subscription clause.
- High-speed connection.
Disadvantages of the SIM card of the local operators.
- Buying a SIM card at the airport can be very expensive.
- You will have an invoice for the number of days you choose.
This is one of the least recommended options. In case you never heard of it, we can tell you that it is one of the services that your domestic operator offers when you travel abroad, for you to remain connected, send texts, and make local and international calls. But it can be really expensive.
Buy, again, it can be a good option for you. In this case, you should read the advantages and disadvantages below.
Advantages of international roaming in Peru.
These are some of the advantages you will have if you pick this alternative:
- You will never run out of data.
- You will be able to send and receive texts.
- It includes the possibility to make and receive local and international calls.
Disadvantages of the international roaming in Peru.
International roaming has the following disadvantages:
- It can be costly.
- Service and support are not the best.
- You will receive a bill for all the services you consumed when you arrive back home.
Pocket Wifi in Peru.
We’re almost done. But before finishing the list of alternatives, we want to tell you about the Pocket WiFi, one of the safest and most expensive options. Just like the other alternatives, it has some advantages, like being able to take it with you anywhere, and connect to more than one device without losing the quality of your connection. But like anything, it also has its disadvantages, the price, for example, which can be very high.
Sometimes, they can charge you for the Pocket WiFi and the data plan, which makes this alternative very expensive. On the other hand, it can be very useful if you are traveling with friends because you can all pay for the service. But, if you are not traveling with so many people, the price can be very high.
Public Wifi in Peru.
And finally, this is one of the cheapest options available, it will save you money. But you should be careful because connecting to public networks can be a stressful and dangerous experience.
You have to keep in mind that public networks are usually slow because you are not the only one who is using this network, there are other people connected to it. It can be a big disadvantage since it will not let you do more than check social media and send some messages. Also, it is not secure, so your personal information can be stolen effortlessly.
Which is the best option to get the internet in Peru?
The best way to be connected in Peru is Holafly, either its eSIM or SIM card. Any of these products have great advantages, that will make your experience unforgettable.
Frequent questions about the best way to be connected in Peru
Yes, you can. The Holafly eSIM lets you share data with other devices, such a great advantage if you are traveling with family and friends.
Because this is such a great way to be connected all the time. You can buy the data plan that matches the days of your stay in Peru, for such a good price.
With Holafly the problems can be solved anytime since it has 24-hour chat service and support. You can also ask for help via WhatsApp or email.
The Holafly eSIM connects to Movistar or Claro networks, two of the best operators in this country.