Since the Razr model was launched in 2019, the cellphones of Motorola deleted the slot for the physical SIM and decided only to use eSIM technology. This way, they are planning a future with the useful eSIM.
On the other hand, it is possible that companies who want to reduce the size of their cellphones, take into account the eSIM. However, this will depend on the expanding speed of this technology. Currently, the Motorola devices that support the eSIM are:
- Motorola Razr 5G
- Motorola Razr 2020
We will show you the features of each device below.
Motorola Razr 5G
This smartphone is known because, since 2020, it has marked the trend in folding devices with renewed components that, together with the Qualcomm processor, support its connectivity. In this way, Motorola Razr cellphones are some steps beyond other brands that want to merge a tablet and a cellphone. This brand is trying to keep the smaller and even size of the old models. As a result, users looking for smaller or different phones will find the Razr a striking product.
Here you can read about its technical aspects:
|Technical aspects||Motorola Razr 5G|
|Screen||Main: 6.2” foldable pOLED 876 x 2,142px, 373 ppi External: 2.7” gOLED 800 x 600px, 370dpi|
|Front Camera||20MP (1.6μm) Quad Pixel, f/2.2|
|Rear camera||48MP (1.6μm) Quad Pixel f/1.7, OIS Laser autofocus (TOF) Video: UHD@30fps, FHD@60/30fps, Slow motion FHD@120fps, HD@240fps|
|Battery||2,800mAh + 15W Turbo Power|
|Operative system||Android 10 + My UX|
|Connectivity||5G: NR Sub-6GHz, 4G: LTE (DL Cat 18), BT 5.0, NFC Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, 2.4GHz + 5GHz, Wi-Fi hotspot GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, Galileo|
|Measurements and weight||Open: 72.6 x 169.2 x 7.9mm Folded: 72.6 x 91.7 x 16mm 192g|
|Other details||Dual SIM, 3.5 mm adapter, USB C 3.1, 4 microphones, anti-splash design, rear fingerprint reader|
Motorola Razr 2020
The Motorola Razr 2020 smartphone is the second generation of the Razr released in 2019, which represents the return of the iconic design of the Razr V3 that was released in 2004. One of the most striking features of this device is its ability to connect to 5G networks and the incorporation of eSIM.
On the other hand, this device comes with an interactive external screen where you can see notifications, make calls, answer messages, search for songs, use the Google assistant, and look for directions on maps. Also, it has a 48 MP main camera to take pictures when the cellphone is either closed or open. As a result, this makes this camera one of the best for taking selfies.
The Motorola Razr 2020 cell phones come with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G processor with 8 GB of RAM and 256 GB of storage, which, although it comes without a slot, can be expanded with a microSD card.
- External: 800 x 600 pixel SD resolution, OLED, 4:3 aspect ratio.
- Internal: 6.2-inch foldable plastic, OLED with Corning Gorilla Glass, HD+ resolution of 2,142 x 876 pixels, 21:9 aspect ratio (Cinemavision).
- 192 grams
- Folded: 91.7 x 72.6 x 16mm.
- Unfolded: 169.2 x 72.6 x 7.9mm.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G.
- Android 10.
- Adreno 620.
- USB type C 3.1.
- Main: 48 MP, 1.6µm pixel size, f/1.7 aperture.
- Selfie: 20 MP, 1.6µm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture.
- 2G / 3G / 4G / 5G, Dual SIM (1 Nano SIM and 1 eSIM), Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz, GPS, A-GPS, Glonass, Galileo, Bluetooth 5.1, NFC.
- Water repellent design.
- Blush Gold (gold), Polished Graphite (black), Liquid Mercury (silver).
In the box:
- Motorola Razr, 15W TurboPower charger, USB Type-C cable, USB-3.5mm headphone jack adapter, guides, SIM slot removal tool.