More than one reason can take you to Belgium, its castles frozen in time, its delicious chocolates and sweets, maybe to visit the magical city of witches or just for work. But one thing you can’t miss on your trip is the best eSIM Card for Belgium, with which you can have access to the internet at all times.
We know how important it is to remain online and with an internet connection while traveling. Surely, you must be wondering which alternatives you have at your disposal, so we will be talking about what, for many travelers, has been the solution to all their concerns. You will learn about International eSIMs, how to buy one, how they work, and a couple of recommendations about their coverage and support.
What is an eSIM?
We told you before that with the eSIM card for Belgium, you can stay connected to the internet at all times. But in case you don’t know anything about this service, then we present them to you as the digital evolution of the traditional SIM card that you have probably already used before on your phone.
The eSIM card being a fully digital service, does not require a physical installation in your phone for it to work. This type of chip is available in high-end devices and the last generation cellphone models. The eSIM offers all the features of physical SIM cards but also has the advantage that you can buy them and use them anywhere in the world in just a matter of minutes, which is the main reason why it is the number one choice for travelers.
The possibility of buying them in a couple of minutes is thanks to the virtual stores and providers that offer them. Companies like Holafly have these eSIMs in their range of services so you will have many ways to purchase them.
Why should I get an eSIM for Belgium?
Versatility is the keyword if we are talking about eSIMs for traveling. With these data chips, you can easily switch from one service to another and immediately change your network connection. We also want to point out that eSIM services are usually cheaper than roaming or renting Pocket WiFi, so you will have more benefits for less cost.
In the case of Holafly eSIMs for Belgium, you will also enjoy 24-hour customer support with the purchase of any service, unlimited data plans, the option of keeping your WhatsApp number, and in case your trip is coming up soon, Holafly will be sending your eSIM immediately to your mail after you make your purchase.
Requirements to install the eSIM for Belgium
You should know that the eSIM card, being new consumer tech, it is not available in all devices, and there are a couple of things to consider before buying one. If you are interested in getting one, we invite you to read the requirements below.
- It is necessary to confirm that your cellphone is one that is compatible with the eSIM Card. Depending on the model and brand, this can be confirmed in the phone’s settings, by calling your provider, or also through the following Holafly list of compatible phones.
- You must have an email address to which you have access because, after your purchase, an email will be sent with a QR code which is necessary to scan in order to activate your eSIM.
- It is advisable to make the purchase before your trip starts since it is necessary to have internet access at the moment of activating your eSIM Card, both to receive the email with the QR code and for its installation.
- Depending on the provider, it may or may not be necessary to install an app on your phone with which you can monitor and manage your eSIM Card.
- Finally, you must confirm that you possess one of the payment methods that the provider has. The most common ones are Credit cards, PayPal, Google Pay, and others.
Where to buy the eSIM for Belgium?
We have mentioned before that eSIM Cards are totally virtual. For this reason, the main way to buy one is through online stores like Holafly for example. In these stores, you can complete the purchase and installation in a matter of minutes without having to wait for a physical chip or for some other device.
The other way to buy an eSIM is through local carrier companies in Belgium. These operators, through their distribution network, offer eSIM and SIM cards to their customers, but they are generally less accessible to travelers and are more focused on local consumers.
International eSIM for Belgium
As we anticipated, International eSIMs can be purchased remotely through online stores. You only need to go on to their website, then select your destination country and the plan that fits your trip needs. Remember to have at hand your payment method, and within minutes, you will receive the necessary information to enjoy an international internet connection. So, you will have peace of mind before arriving at your destination!
There are many options for remote providers for this type of service. However, Holafly eSIM Cards have become the most consumed cellular service thanks to the great support and communication security they offer. In addition to offering more than competitive costs without leaving aside the high-speed connections and unlimited data plans.
eSIM from Belgian operators.
As we mentioned above, the second option to buy eSIMs is to do it through a local carrier physical store in Belgium. However, currently, the telephone companies that operate in the country only offer them under the postpaid option, i.e., they are not available to travelers, as they are only for local customers.
In this case, your alternative would be to opt for an international SIM Card. Of course, the regular SIM doesn’t come with all the benefits that the eSIM comes with, but it can be a way to get an internet connection through Belgium operators. In case you do not know which telephone operators are available in the country, here, we provide a list of those that currently have service:
- Orange Belgium
- Base Belgium
Cell phones that support eSIM for Belgium.
Previously we left you some requirements necessary to use eSIM. We want to take the opportunity to highlight the most important condition, and that would be to confirm that your phone is compatible with this technology. Holafly has an updated list where you can check if your phone has access to this type of chip, we leave you the devices with compatibility to eSIMs today:
- iPhone 14 Pro Max, iPhone 14 Pro, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13, iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone SE 2.
- Samsung Galaxy Fold, Samsung Galaxy Note20, Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra, Samsung Galaxy S22, Samsung Galaxy S22+, Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, Samsung Galaxy S21 5G, Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G, Samsung Galaxy S20, Samsung Galaxy S20+, Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra, Samsung Galaxy Z Flip, Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2, Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 5G, Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4, Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G, Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4.
- Google Pixel 7 Pro, Google Pixel 7, Google Pixel 6 Pro, Google Pixel 6, Google Pixel 6a, Google Pixel 5, Google Pixel 4, Google Pixel 4a, Google Pixel 4 XL, Google Pixel 3, Google Pixel 3 XL, Google Pixel 3a, Google Pixel 3a XL.
- Huawei P40, Huawei P40 Pro, Huawei Mate 40 Pro.
- HONOR Magic 3, HONOR Magic 3 Pro, HONOR Magic 3 Pro+, HONOR 50
- Motorola Razr, Motorola Razr 5G.
- Oppo Find X3 Pro, Oppo Find X5, Oppo Find X5 Pro, Oppo Reno 5 A, Oppo A55s 5G, Oppo Reno 6 Pro 5G.
Coverage in Belgium.
Another relevant and very important topic is coverage in Belgium. This eSIM works thanks to the connection established with the local telephone companies. For this reason, the eSIM Card will have the same coverage through Belgium as the operator in which they are supported.
Do not make the mistake of paying less for an eSIM that does not have coverage with the best operators in Belgium. In the case of Holafly eSIM Cards for Belgium, customers enjoy the coverage and connection of Proximus, a company with the best reach throughout the Belgian territory.
Network frequencies in Belgium
As well as the compatibility of the phone with the eSIM Card, it is necessary to check under which frequencies our device works and that they match the frequencies of the local operators in Belgium. The frequency is related to the connection speed and even to the support and stability of the network, so here we leave you a table with the frequencies used in Belgium.
|5G bands||n78 (3500)|
|4G bands||B1 (2100), B3 (1800), B7 (2600), B20 (800)|
|3G bands||B1 (2100), B8 (900)|
|2G bands||B3 (1800), B8 (900)|
Frequently asked questions about eSIM for Belgium.
Now, up to this point, people might have some doubts regarding the eSIM, so let’s clear them up with some FAQs.
Yes. People can buy eSIMs even when they are traveling, which is a great advantage!
The installation of the Holafly eSIM for Belgium should be done before starting your trip by scanning the QR code that you will receive in your email. But the eSIM must be activated upon arrival in the country of destination.
No, but it can also depend on the company you get the eSIM from. The only thing you will actually need is a valid email and physical address to complete the eSIM purchase process.
Yes, just like SIM cards, the eSIM card has an expiration date. That’s why you’ll be able to choose the plan that fits your trip days.
The Holafly eSIM card for Belgium connects to the Proximus PLC network, one of the best operators in this country.