Croatia is a European country full of wonderful places to visit. The highlights of this country are its beautiful Mediterranean coasts, natural parks, and excellent cuisine. So if this is your next travel destination, one thing you will need is a way to connect to the internet, which you can do with the best eSIM for Croatia.
With this international eSIM, you will be able to stay connected during your trip without the need to pay high bill costs due to your local carrier’s international roaming. You also have multiple ways to buy one, so it has never been easier to stay connected to the internet abroad.
What is an eSIM?
The eSIM is a new type of chip this is incorporated inside the phone, so it is not necessary to use a physical SIM card, you only need to activate your eSIM using a QR code, and you will be connected to the international internet instantly! In short, eSIMs are virtual versions of the physical SIM Card, which gives more flexibility to use this type of technology.
The eSIM Card is available for the latest generation phones, being a new trend that introduces more perks and advantages than the traditional SIM Card. On the other hand, their digital nature makes them ideal for travelers around the world, making the purchase and activation process remote wherever you are, making them ideal in this type of situation.
Why should I get an eSIM for Croatia?
As mentioned above, eSIM cards are ideal for travelers because of the ease that they come with. These chips can be purchased remotely; online stores like Holafly offer this type of product to their customers and provide 24/7 customer support in case you need help in the activation process.
Since eSIMs are completely digital, you will not have to wait for the physical chip to be sent. After completing your purchase, you will receive a code to scan, and in a matter of minutes, you will be connected to the internet. Additionally, since you are not paying for a physical chip, eSIM services are usually more affordable so you will be enjoying high connection speeds for less.
Finally, in the case of Croatia, eSIMs have excellent support, so you will not have to worry about connection problems or data consumption. If you want to have an internet connection in Croatia and get rid of your worries, eSIMs are your best option.
Requirements to install the eSIM for Croatia
Of course, they are an excellent advance, but if you are wondering what you should consider before buying an eSIM here, we clarify those doubts. We have mentioned that this type of chip is considered a new technology, so it is not available in all types of cellphones. Additionally, here we have a couple of considerations to take along:
- You must verify that your phone is compatible with eSIM. In case you do not find this information, please note that on Holafly’s website, there is a list of compatible cellular devices so that you can search for yours.
- Secondly, you must keep in mind that it is necessary to have an internet connection when activating your eSIM, so it is always advisable to do this process before traveling.
- The activation process is simple. After making the purchase, you will receive a QR code to scan to your email, so of course, you must have an active email and have access to it.
- It is important to note that you should not activate roaming services until you arrive at your destination country to avoid unnecessary data consumption.
- Also, a point to highlight is the network frequencies, the frequencies available on your phone must match the operating frequencies of your destination country. In the case of Croatia, we will be leaving this information a little further down.
- Lastly, it is a good recommendation to check the payment methods offered by your eSIM provider to avoid last-minute mishaps.
Where to buy the eSIM for Croatia?
During this article, we have mentioned on more than one occasion that you can buy eSIMs through online stores, basically because it’s extremely easy and quick. This type of marketplace takes advantage of the virtual perks of this type of chip. Companies like Holafly sell eSIMs for multiple destinations, including Croatia.
The second way to buy eSIM for Croatia is through local carriers. In this case, you would have to select a cellular carrier in the country you are interested in, locate a branch near your place of arrival, and go to the store to complete the purchase. You should keep in mind that you need some documentation to buy one; also, the local operators are generally focused on local customers and not on travelers.
International eSIM for Croatia
Through remote providers, you can purchase your eSIMs. Holafly’s online store offers eSIMs for Croatia at a reasonable price. All their plans also offer unlimited data, and you can select the one that best suits your time of stay.
With the purchase of any service, you will also enjoy customer support at any time and place by different means of communication. The delivery of the eSIM is instant after your purchase, the activation process is very easy to carry out, and you can keep your WhatsApp number once you activate your eSIM Card for Croatia.
eSIM from Croatian operators
Another alternative at hand is to purchase eSIMs through local cellular operators in Croatia. Currently, there are three major companies working in the country these are:
- A1 Mobile
We have to highlight that out of the three, only A1 offers prepaid eSIM Cards for travelers, Tele2 offers postpaid eSIM for local customers, and T-Mobile does not offer this type of chip. Another solution to get cellular services with local providers is to opt for prepaid SIM cards, of course, without enjoying the benefits of an eSIM.
Cell phones that support eSIM for Croatia.
As we already anticipated when we discussed the requirements to use eSIM, it is important to verify that your phone has the availability to use this technology. If you want to confirm if your phone is one of these devices, here is an updated list of the devices compatible with eSIM:
- iPhone 14 Pro Max, iPhone 14 Pro, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13, iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone SE 2.
- Samsung Galaxy Fold, Samsung Galaxy Note20, Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra, Samsung Galaxy S22, Samsung Galaxy S22+, Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, Samsung Galaxy S21 5G, Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G, Samsung Galaxy S20, Samsung Galaxy S20+, Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra, Samsung Galaxy Z Flip, Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2, Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 5G, Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4, Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G, Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4.
- Google Pixel 7 Pro, Google Pixel 7, Google Pixel 6 Pro, Google Pixel 6, Google Pixel 6a, Google Pixel 5, Google Pixel 4, Google Pixel 4a, Google Pixel 4 XL, Google Pixel 3, Google Pixel 3 XL, Google Pixel 3a, Google Pixel 3a XL.
- Huawei P40, Huawei P40 Pro, Huawei Mate 40 Pro.
- HONOR Magic 3, HONOR Magic 3 Pro, HONOR Magic 3 Pro+, HONOR 50
- Motorola Razr, Motorola Razr 5G.
- Oppo Find X3 Pro, Oppo Find X5, Oppo Find X5 Pro, Oppo Reno 5 A, Oppo A55s 5G, Oppo Reno 6 Pro 5G.
Coverage in Croatia
We have to know that the eSIM Card works thanks to the support network of the local telephone companies, in this case, Croatia. So, you should confirm that the eSIM you buy is connected to the network with the best coverage on your trip, so you will avoid connection problems as you enjoy your adventure.
In the case of Holafly’s eSIM Card for Croatia, they are currently enjoying a connection with T-Mobile, one of the companies with the largest presence in Europe and with the best coverage in Croatia, so you will have guaranteed internet connection, no matter which city you visit in the country.
Network frequencies in Croatia
It is time to talk about network frequencies in Croatia. Cellular operators offer their internet services through bandwidths and frequencies. You should confirm that your phone also works in these bands because if this is the case, then you can guarantee your connection speed and coverage will be stable and realiable. Here are the network frequencies in Croatia.
|5G bands||n1 (2100), n28a (700), n28b (700), n77 (3700), n78 (3500)|
|4G bands||B1 (2100), B3 (1800), B7 (2600), B20 (800)|
|3G bands||B1 (2100), B8 (900)|
|2G bands||B3 (1800), B8 (900)|
Frequently asked questions about eSIM for Croatia.
In case you have any doubts about eSIMs, we will try to solve them below in the following frequently asked questions that travelers usually have:
No. eSIMs can be used only on one device. If users have more than one device, they need to buy an eSIM for each one.
If you use all your data or the eSIM expires, your eSIM card will no longer work, and you will no longer have an internet connection. But, with Holafly’s eSIM for Croatia, you won’t have to worry about running out of data, as you will enjoy unlimited data with it.
Yes, but this will depend on the cell phone you have. Some cell phones are dual SIM phone so that you can have a traditional chip and the eSIM with a different phone number.
You have to know two things, the amount that you will need and the number of days you will stay at your destination. With it, you will be able to pick the eSIM card that best suits your need.
The Croatia eSIM only allows you to use cellular data. It does not include a local phone number for cellular calls or messages. You can still make calls using apps like WhatsApp or Skype.