Many reasons can take you to Sweden, from its carefree lifestyle to the boreal auroras and beautiful forests and lakes. If this country is your next destination, one of the priorities you should have is to stay connected to the internet and not waste a single moment looking for a WiFi hotspot, and you’ll be able to do so with an eSIM for Sweden.
The best option to have internet on your trip to Sweden is the international eSIM Card. For many people, this new trend is a little known, but in this opportunity, we will be offering you all the information you need. We anticipate that eSIMs have more answers than questions. So, we are here to help you solve your connection problems on your adventures!
What is an eSIM?
The eSIM Card is a technological breakthrough that has been developed recently at telephone companies and the global operators market. These chips can be explained as virtual versions of the SIM cards we already use in our phones, so of course, they keep their features and add a couple of convenient advantages.
The latest generation phones include these eSIMs already integrated from factory settings, so our eSIM is nothing more than an activation protocol that changes depending on the provider, country of use, and customer needs. In this way, eSIMs give travelers the opportunity to change their chip, no matter where they are located and without waiting for physical SIM deliveries.
Why should I get an eSIM for Sweden?
So far, we have presented the eSIM Card as an excellent alternative for your trip to Sweden or any other destination. It is true that there are other ways to stay connected to the international internet, such as Pocket WiFi or international roaming, but we guarantee that none of them are easier or cheaper to use than eSIMs.
For this reason, eSIMs came to solve problems. Many times, we had to pay additional costs for international shipping to receive international SIM cards or additional devices; this is a thing of the past with eSIMs.
It was also often the case that the installation and activation of SIM cards took time; eSIMs only takes a couple of minutes to begin using! You will not have to wait to arrive in Sweden to have access to the internet. From the first moment, you will be connected to the internet on your trip.
Requirements to install the eSIM for Sweden
We have given you many reasons to buy an eSIM, but it is also important to consider the requirements that these eSIMs have to use them. If you do not want to be surprised, here are some key points to take into account before your trip and purchase:
- As a first step, and perhaps the most important, is to verify that your cellphone is compatible with these eSIMs. Being a new technology, not all phones are updated to be able to use an eSIM, so confirm that yours is one with this integrated function.
- After purchasing the eSIM, you will receive an email with a QR code for activation, so it is crucial that you have an active email address where you can access and view this code.
- Both to activate the eSIM and to receive the email. You will need an internet connection. For this reason, it is often advisable to purchase your eSIM before traveling or to do so with a WIFI connection available.
- In order to be able to provide internet abroad with eSIMs, you must activate roaming services in your phones settings. Of course, you should not activate it before arriving at your destination to avoid unnecessary charges or consumption.
- All eSIM Card providers have different ways of managing the chips. With some, it will be necessary to install an official app on your smartphone to do so.
Where to buy the eSIM for Sweden?
We have mentioned above that it is possible to buy your eSIM before arriving in Sweden. This is because there are many online stores that offer these cards to customers. Holafly’s eSIM for Sweden is one of the best options you can go for. With an intuitive website and very attractive prices, Holafly has become the traveler’s choice for these services.
Another more traditional way to get your eSIM for Sweden is to do it through physical stores in the country. Cellular service carriers include this type of service in their catalog, so if you arrive in Sweden and manage to locate an operator and its nearest branch, you can complete your purchase like any other.
International eSIM for Sweden
The Holafly eSIM for Sweden mentioned above offers great benefits such as unlimited data, customer service by different means at any time and day, the possibility of keeping your WhatsApp number, and even the possibility of using them together with your domestic SIM Card.
It is also worth noting that the purchase process through Holafly’s online store is very simple, you just have to select the plan according to your days of stay, complete the payment through any of the means available, receive the activation email, and you will be able to enjoy high-speed connections in Sweden.
You will have access to other remote providers and their online stores, all of them offer eSIM cards for your trip, so you can check those that catch your attention and choose the one that best suits your needs.
eSIM from Sweden operators
In case you don’t want to make the purchase before arriving in Sweden, your second option would be to buy your eSIM from local phone companies. It is important to know that these companies focus their plans on local customers, so as a traveler, you may end up paying more for less.
Locating a physical store near the place where you’re staying can be time-consuming, and the actual purchase itself can be a cumbersome task if you don’t speak the language. However, here are the telephone carriers that operate in Sweden and offer these services:
- TeliaSonera Mobile
- Tele2 Mobile
- Telenor Mobile
- Tre Mobile
Cell phones that support eSIM for Sweden
When talking about the requirements, we mentioned it is crucial to confirm that your phone has eSIM technology available, incorporated in the hardware and software. Often this can be seen in the configuration, although it varies depending on the brand and model. In any case, here is a list of the latest generation mobile devices that include eSIM in their operation:
- iPhone 14 Pro Max, iPhone 14 Pro, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13, iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone SE 2.
- Samsung Galaxy Fold, Samsung Galaxy Note20, Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra, Samsung Galaxy S22, Samsung Galaxy S22+, Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, Samsung Galaxy S21 5G, Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G, Samsung Galaxy S20, Samsung Galaxy S20+, Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra, Samsung Galaxy Z Flip, Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2, Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 5G, Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4, Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G, Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4.
- Google Pixel 7 Pro, Google Pixel 7, Google Pixel 6 Pro, Google Pixel 6, Google Pixel 6a, Google Pixel 5, Google Pixel 4, Google Pixel 4a, Google Pixel 4 XL, Google Pixel 3, Google Pixel 3 XL, Google Pixel 3a, Google Pixel 3a XL.
- Huawei P40, Huawei P40 Pro, Huawei Mate 40 Pro.
- HONOR Magic 3, HONOR Magic 3 Pro, HONOR Magic 3 Pro+, HONOR 50
- Motorola Razr, Motorola Razr 5G.
- Oppo Find X3 Pro, Oppo Find X5, Oppo Find X5 Pro, Oppo Reno 5 A, Oppo A55s 5G, Oppo Reno 6 Pro 5G.
Coverage in Sweden
If you do not want to worry about losing your internet connection on your trip, you should check what local operator’s coverage is in Sweden throughout its territory. You should consider that eSIMs work with the coverage of these companies, so if the virtual chip you buy does not go hand in hand with the best coverage, you might have connection issues.
In the case of the Holafly eSIM Card for Sweden, you will be connected to Telenor, one of the providers with the best coverage and speed in the country. Anytime and anywhere you will be online, thanks to Holafly’s eSIM.
Network frequencies in Sweden
One last point we want you to keep in mind is the network frequencies. Just as in radio, phones also operate under a frequency band, and in turn, service providers use their own frequency bands.
This is why you must make sure that your phone has the frequency bands of the telecommunication companies in Sweden available, so you can enjoy the best speeds and support. Here is a chart with further information:
|5G bands||n1 (2100), n28a (700), n38 (2600), n78 (3500)|
|4G bands||B1 (2100), B3 (1800), B7 (2600), B8 (900), B20 (800), B28B (700), B28a (700), B38 (TDD 2600)|
|3G bands||B1 (2100), B8 (900)|
|2G bands||B3 (1800), B8 (900)|
Frequently asked questions about eSIM for Sweden
We hope that all the information provided has been helpful to you and that you will be able to purchase the best phone service for your trip to Sweden. However, before we finish, we would like to leave you with some frequently asked questions that travelers ask about eSIMs:
The configuration and installation of the Holafly eSIM data plan are very easy. You must do it through a QR code, which is delivered immediately after your purchase in the store. It is a simple, hassle-free process.
No, when it comes to using an eSIM, people can’t use more than one per device, but they can use other alternatives alongside an eSIM.
Yes, they have an expiration date. All eSIMs do, just like regular SIM cards.
The international eSIM card is designed to be used during your trip. On the other hand, the local eSIM card is intended to be used by the people who live at that destination, in other words, for long-term use.
There are different ways to connect to the internet during your trip to Sweden. For example, you can always use a prepaid SIM card, the roaming service of your domestic operator, or maybe a pocket WiFi device; it will depend on your budget!