How could you not want to have a SIM card at hand to have the necessary data to share your experiences in Brazil? We know that if you are a frequent traveler this country must be on your priorities, and your social networks can’t wait for the images and videos you want to post.
Therefore, in this article, we will present you with some general information about physical and virtual SIM cards so that you can have internet connection from Sao Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Belo Horizonte, or Curitiba, among other destinations.
We invite you to read on to find out about the rates, connection speed, and browsing capacity that you can have with these devices attached to your smartphone.
- 1 Here you can buy a SIM card when visiting Brazil
- 2 Buy the SIM card before leaving for Brazil
- 3 About the Holafly online shop
- 4 You can buy your SIM card when you arrive in Brazil.
- 5 Price of a SIM card when traveling to Brazil
- 6 Holafly’s eSIM card for Brazil, a novel mobile data alternative
- 7 eSIM rates for Brazil
- 8 Frequently asked questions about the Brazil SIM card
Here you can buy a SIM card when visiting Brazil
Both the Covid-19 pandemic and advances in digital marketing have taught us over the last five years how important it is to sell products and services easily through online shops. Therefore, to obtain a SIM card for Brazil, there is nothing better and more convenient than accessing an online shop specializing in the sale of these devices in various international destinations.
For example, in Holafly’s online shop you can find the SIM card that best suits your needs and travel budget. We also recommend that you get one before you travel. Take note of this so that you can enjoy your trip to Brazil with as little inconvenience as possible.
Buy the SIM card before leaving for Brazil
Perhaps the smartest decision is always to buy your SIM card for Brazil in advance. W believe it would be better because it will help you to save time and avoid possible inconveniences with the data plan offered by your mobile operator. Also, once you arrive at your Brazilian destination you won’t have to worry about losing your connection for a long time.
Also, this will allow you to get to know both the virtual and physical options in your home country. You will also be able to choose the prices and plans that suit you best.
For these reasons, a simple and quick way to buy the SIM card for Brazil before your departure is by visiting Holafly’s online shop. There you will find an eCommerce that offers SIM cards for several countries. Read on to find out more about the other features Holafly has for frequent travelers.
About the Holafly online shop
Holafly is an online shop that sells SIM cards for various international destinations. The SIM card they offer for Brazil will make it easy for you to access the internet from your mobile phone, how and when you need it. Some of the advantages they offer are:
- A SIM card that includes a phone number that you can use to receive free calls.
- The SIM card is easy to use. Just insert it into your smartphone when you land and activate the “Data Roaming” function. You will then be connected to the network. In addition, all cards come with simple instructions for use.
- You keep your WhatsApp line number, so you don’t lose contact with your family and friends.
- 24-hour technical support in English, Spanish, German, and French. Although this SIM is easy to use, the company offers help via email and chat.
- You can use their data in other destinations. For example: in Chile, Peru, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Panama, Puerto Rico, Uruguay and Costa Rica.
- You receive it for free within 72 working hours. There is also the Urgent mode, to receive it within 48 hours, or Express if you need it the next day before 16:00 hours where you are.
You can buy your SIM card when you arrive in Brazil.
You can also buy a data SIM card once you arrive in Brazil. In other words, when you arrive at the airport of the Brazilian destination you are visiting, look for the physical shops of your local operators: Claro, Vivo, and Tim.
These Brazilian operators have physical shops in most of their country’s airports and offer tourists their SIM cards. Read on for more details.
Claro shops in Brazil
Claro is the most reputable mobile phone and internet operator in Brazil. It is known for:
- Having the fastest mobile internet in Brazil, according to Speedtest®.
- It offers the Pasaporte Americas plan with which you can talk and surf in 18 countries in the Americas as if you were in Brazilian territory, you were in Brazilian territory.
- You can make unlimited calls to any operator in Brazil using code 21.
- You have APPs to browse without limits that do not consume your internet plan.
- It offers the best services in 2G, 3G, and 4G in this country.
This company offers prepaid plans to navigate at 4.5G with the possibility of making and receiving unlimited calls from any operator in Brazil. Also, if you don’t get to use the whole data package, what you have leftover is accumulated for the following week.
On the other hand, they have plans with capacities of 2 GB, 3 GB, and 4 GB for seven days that offer:
- Unlimited WhatsApp for messages, audio, photos, and videos.
- 1GB bonus valid for 7 days.
- Social networking.
- Possibility to share the internet with other devices.
Tim’s online shop
This company offers a network connection speed of 4.5G for plans with a capacity of 25 and 26 GB that for 30 days include all WhatsApp functions and unlimited social networks. However, its technical support is only in Portuguese.
Price of a SIM card when traveling to Brazil
If you want to buy a SIM card from Holafly, then you should take into account its different variants (days, number of GB, and price):
|Days of use||Amount of mobile data||Price (USD)|
|30 days||8GB||$37,57 USD|
|30 days||12GB||$48,62 USD|
Holafly’s eSIM card for Brazil, a novel mobile data alternative
Currently, an eSIM or virtual SIM card is the preferred option for a significant number of travelers due to its ease of purchase, activation, and use. That’s why we recommend you get one from Holafly’s online shop.
In this case, Holafly’s eSIM for Brazil can be purchased online, easily and securely. In addition, it is characterized by the advantages that you will read below.
Advantages of Holafly’s eSIM in this country
These are some of the features of this company’s eSIM for Brazil:
- High-speed connection.
- No surprise bills.
- You receive a QR code to connect immediately.
- You keep your WhatsApp number on your smartphone.
- Easy setup.
- You connect to Claro, the best network in Brazil.
- Forget about roaming offered by your local operator.
- No need to connect to public WiFi networks that could be unsafe.
eSIM rates for Brazil
If you have already decided to buy Holafly’s eSIM for Brazil after learning about its advantages, we will explain its different variants, so you can decide the one that best suits your budget:
|Days of use||Amount of mobile data||Price (USD)|
|30 days||5GB||$44 USD|
Frequently asked questions about the Brazil SIM card
The days start counting from the moment you activate your eSIM by scanning the QR code that arrives on your smartphone.
Holafly eSIM cards only include data in the destination country. This means that you cannot make local or international calls, with the exception of VOIP applications such as WhatsApp or Skype, which use your data plan. These eSIMs are for data use only. What you need to do is set up your eSIM as a data plan on your device.
When you set up the eSIM on your device, you can only use it on this device. If you were to delete the eSIM from your device, you may not be able to use it again, even if you scan it again. In other words, you cannot scan the same QR code from two different devices.
The eSIM is a digital product and once it has been sent, it is deemed to have been consumed. As a result, Holafly cannot check if you have actually used your data plan associated with the eSIM. Therefore, once the QR code has been sent to your email address, they cannot issue refunds. See their eSIM Refunds Policy for more information.