If your next trip is to Croatia, then an International SIM card will be essential to remain connected to the internet at all times. With this type of service, you will be able to have an International internet connection that will help you keep in touch with your friends and family, look up for routes and places to visit, order cabs, and even share the best moments of your trip!
However, you need to know which is the best SIM card for Croatia. And through this article, we will be telling you all about it, from how to buy your SIM card to the prices and things to consider first. We will also tell you a bit about eSIMs, a new technology that has been gaining a lot of fame lately. Read on to find out more!
Where can I buy a SIM card for Croatia?
The first thing we will discuss is where you can buy a SIM card for your trip to Croatia. Currently, there are many ways to get one of these services. However, we will be focusing on the two most efficient and preferred options among travelers, which are:
- Online stores: the digital trend is here to stay. So, it is very likely that you will come across online stores where you can buy your SIM card for Croatia. It is a very safe and fast way to make your purchase. One of the favorite online stores of the moment is Holafly, which we will tell you more about later.
- Cellular operators’ physical stores: it is very common that once you arrive in Croatia, you will find different physical stores of cellular carriers in the country where you can buy a SIM card. Although these operators sell mostly services for residents, you will surely be able to find some SIM cards for travelers.
Now that you know the ways in which you can buy a SIM card for your trip, it is important to talk about the timing of your purchase. In the last few years, it has become evident that purchasing a SIM card before you start your trip will come along with many advantages, which we will discuss below in further detail.
Get your SIM card before you start your trip.
As we already mentioned, if you purchase your SIM card before your trip starts, you will be able to enjoy plenty of benefits. However, we would like to focus on the following two most important reasons:
- If you are one of those people who like to have your trip planned, then purchasing your SIM card in advance will help you to be much more prepared since you will not have the need to arrive at your destination country and look for the best option among different stores.
- On the other hand, it will be a great advantage that once you arrive in Croatia, you will be able to connect immediately to the internet. You will not have to wait for anything else, activate roaming, and you will be connected right away! A piece of cake.
While there are many more reasons why you should buy your Croatia SIM card in advance, these are the two most important of all, and they will undoubtedly come along with many advantages. Now we want to mention something as important as the online store where you can buy your SIM card.
Get to know Holafly’s online shop.
Previously we told you that Holafly is a famous online store. And this is because they offer cellular services for many destinations, which are of excellent quality and at a good price. As for Croatia, if you want to stay connected to the internet in this country, you can do it with the Holafly SIM card for Europe, which has the following features:
- You will be able to connect to the best internet network in the country.
- The Holafly SIM card is very easy to install and activate.
- You will be able to buy a SIM card that will allow you to have an internet connection in more than 40 European countries.
- With the Holafly SIM card, you can enjoy unlimited data.
- You can choose the free delivery option.
- You will not have to change your WhatsApp phone number, so you can continue to use it, and your messages will not be lost.
- You will have 24-hour technical services with the Holafly team in case you have any problems with the SIM card.
Buy your SIM Card when you land in Croatia.
The second way in which you can buy a SIM card to have a cellular internet connection in Croatia is through physical stores of local cellular providers. Once you arrive in this country, you will find many operators with which you will be able to get cellular services.
However, keep in mind that many times this is not the easiest way to make a purchase. Often you will have to show some form of identification or give a local address. Among the physical stores of cellular operators, we can mention two of them that are quite good: Hrvatski Telekom and Telemach.
Hrvatski Telekom’s physical store in Croatia
Once you land in Croatia, there are physical stores of Hrvatski Telekom that you can find in airports, shopping malls, and other places. This is one of the most popular operators in this destination. And their SIM cards have the following features:
- You’ll enjoy 4G and 5G network connections.
- They offer unlimited text messages with some of their plans.
- You can top up some of their data plans.
Telemach’s physical store in Croatia
Also, there are physical stores of the operator Telemach in Croatia. Their SIM cards have the following characteristics:
- They offer specific plans for social media and other apps.
- Data plans are reloadable depending on the GB.
- You can make calls and send texts inside this destination.
- There is no minimum subscription clause.
How much does a SIM card for Croatia cost?
We have talked a lot about the features of the SIM cards you can buy. However, we have not mentioned something as important as their prices. So, here is a table of the prices of the Holafly SIM card for Croatia:
|Days of use||Amount of cellular data||Price (USD)|
|5 days||Unlimited data||$29|
|10 days||Unlimited data||$39|
|15 days||Unlimited data||$49|
|20 days||Unlimited data||$59|
|30 days||Unlimited data||$87|
|60 days||Unlimited data||$169|
|90 days||Unlimited data||$239|
Holafly’s eSIM for Croatia: a new way to stay connected
So far, we have told you a lot about SIM cards and why you should take one with you on your trip. But what if we told you that there is a very similar alternative, which is much easier to use? We are talking about International eSIMs, which are the digital and innovative version of SIM cards that will also allow you to stay connected to the internet.
This is the perfect option if you are rushing or need to get some phone service immediately. Since the whole process of purchasing the eSIM and receiving the eSIM will take a few minutes. Since eSIMs work virtually, they are only compatible with certain phones, so we recommend that you verify that yours is.
Holafly also offers an eSIM card for Croatia, with which you can connect to the best internet networks in the country as well as enjoy many benefits, which we will discuss below.
What are the advantages of Holafly’s eSIM for Croatia?
As we mentioned, with Holafly’s eSIM card for Croatia, you can enjoy many advantages, such as:
- There is no registration required. So, the purchase process is very easy.
- High-speed connection with no surprise bills.
- It is possible to use eSIM and SIM cards simultaneously. But your operator will charge you for roaming.
- There are different data plans available according to the number of days people are traveling.
- You’ll enjoy unlimited data, so you won’t have to worry about running out of data.
- When using an eSIM, customers will have customer service 24/7, exactly like when we talked about SIM cards.
- The coverage and data speed provided by eSIMs are just as good as the ones offered by SIM cards.
How much does the eSIM for Croatia cost?
Finally, here is a table with the different data plans offered by Holafly’s eSIM for Croatia, along with the prices of each plan:
|Days of use||Amount of cellular data||Price (USD)|
|5 days||Unlimited data||$19|
|10 days||Unlimited data||$34|
|15 days||Unlimited data||$47|
|20 days||Unlimited data||$54|
|30 days||Unlimited data||$64|
|60 days||Unlimited data||$84|
|90 days||Unlimited data||$99|
Frequently asked questions about the SIM card for Croatia
The best way to do it is through an online store before traveling. The best in this sense is Holafly; in this online branch, you will get the SIM card you need for your trip to Croatia.
This will depend on the company people are using, but with the Holafly SIM card, customers won’t be able to share cellular data, but it offers other benefits such as unlimited data.
If you run out of data, then your SIM card will stop working. However, with Holafly’s SIM card, you will not have to worry about this, as you will have unlimited data.
Yes. But the thing with buying a SIM card this way is that people won’t be able to connect to the internet as soon as they arrive at their destination.