Do you need internet for your trip to a paradise destination? In this article, you will learn everything you need to know about the Dominican Republic SIM card. With this mobile device, you will be connected throughout your stay in this impressive tourist attraction.
Once you are in this amazing country full of beaches, you will need to have mobile internet. So we really recommend that you know how to stay connected while being on your trip. And that’s what you’ll learn here with us. Come and find out which is your best option.
- 1 Where can I buy a SIM card for Dominican Republic?
- 2 Buying SIM cards through online shops
- 3 The Holafly online shop
- 4 Buy your Dominican Republic SIM card when you land in the Dominican Republic
- 5 How much does a SIM card for Dominican Republic cost?
- 6 Holafly’s eSIM for Dominican Republic: the future of mobile internet
- 7 How much does the eSIM for Dominican Republic cost?
- 8 Frequently asked questions about the SIM card for Dominican Republic
Where can I buy a SIM card for Dominican Republic?
To begin with, one of the best options you can have to stay connected to the internet is with a SIM card. We are going to tell you how or where to buy a SIM card for the Dominican Republic. You must know that there are two ways to acquire this device for your mobile phone:
- Nowadays you can find a lot of online shops offering different kinds of services. So buying a SIM card in an online shop is possible. An example of this is Holafly, an online shop, and we will talk about this option later.
- The second option to acquire your SIM card is through physical shops. You can find them once you arrive at the airport, in which you will find shops of different Dominican operators offering SIM cards.
Although these are the most common ways in which you can get your SIM card to use in the Dominican Republic, it would be best to buy this device before you leave. And now we’ll tell you why.
Buying SIM cards through online shops
You are probably wondering why we are recommending you to buy a SIM card before your travel. And we have the answers, this could bring you a lot of benefits for your trip. This purchase will be good for you because firstly you could plan your trip in a better way. It’ll allow you to have everything organized before time.
Also, if you buy your SIM card with time, at the moment you arrive at the airport you will have mobile internet, so you could communicate with different people. It’s very common that you have to inform someone that you arrived well in the country, or even to know where is the hotel, so it’ll be good for you.
And another benefit that you can have, is that it is a very safe, fast, and comfortable way to buy your SIM card. There are a lot of online shops where you can buy your SIM card, such as Holafly, an option that we will tell you about below.
The Holafly online shop
Let’s talk about this online shop that will offer you good services. Holafly is an online shop specialized in SIM cards for international use (physical and digital). Through their website, you will find the SIM card for Dominican Republic, and this physical card will provide you with the best mobile data. These are its most outstanding advantages:
- This SIM card also works in countries such as Argentina, Colombia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Uruguay, and Panama.
- You will count on help and technical assistance 24 hours a day, in the Holafly online shop chat. Telephone support is also available.
- With this SIM card, it is possible to share mobile data with other devices, in case you travel with more people or have a laptop/tablet.
- You keep your WhatsApp number and can continue to use this application.
- Internet at 4G speed with Claro’s coverage.
- You don’t have to pay for international roaming.
Buy your Dominican Republic SIM card when you land in the Dominican Republic
If the option of buying your SIM card in an online shop does not look the best for you, then there are other alternatives for this. This option we are referring to is to buy your SIM card for the Dominican Republic at the airport.
At the moment you arrive in this country, you’ll find in the airport different shops of the operator that offers SIM cards for your visit to their country. So when you land at the airport, look for physical branches of the most popular mobile operators in this country, which are: Claro and Altice.
We will now tell you a little bit about the different operators that you can find in Dominican Republic, so you choose the best for you.
Claro shops in the Dominican Republic
You may be able to find a physical Claro shop in the air terminal where you arrive. Claro SIM cards are characterized by:
- Non-rechargeable navigation plans.
- Some data pockets offer free applications.
- Internet speed on 4 and 4.5G networks.
- Unlimited SMS within the Dominican Republic.
Altice shops in the Dominican Republic
You will probably see a physical Altice branch in the Dominican Republic airport. Their prepaid chip is characterized by the following:
- There is no permanence clause.
- If you have a problem with your chip, there is support via telephone and on the operator’s website.
- Includes low-cost calls within the country.
- Some plans include unlimited social networks.
This information about Dominican operators is important so that you can take into account your budget and your expectations of the quality/price of the SIM card Dominican Republic.
How much does a SIM card for Dominican Republic cost?
Currently, the Holafly SIM card for this country only has this mobile data variant:
|Days of use||Amount of mobile data||Price (USD)|
|30 days||3GB||$54,15 USD|
Holafly’s eSIM for Dominican Republic: the future of mobile internet
Technology has been moving so fast that now it is possible to have a digital SIM card, so we’ll tell you about this option, in case you’ll like to get one of these for your trip to the Dominican Republic.
Let’s first define what it means. So, an eSIM, digital card, or virtual card is a device that goes inside the hardware of the mobile phone, without the need for physical installation. Moreover, it is important to know that this kind of device is only compatible with last-generation phones.
In that sense, the eSIM for the Dominican Republic can be purchased at Holafly’s online shop, from anywhere in the world, and at any time. Now, we will show you its great benefits, which will surely catch your attention.
What are the advantages of Holafly’s eSIM for Dominican Republic?
Holafly’s eSIM for Dominican Republic has a number of advantages that will give you the best mobile data experience:
- Share data with more devices.
- You can use your eSIM and physical sim card at the same time, in case you need both.
- You keep your WhatsApp number without any inconvenience.
- You buy, and immediately receive the QR code for the eSIM configuration.
- You have up to 500MB to surf per day.
How much does the eSIM for Dominican Republic cost?
To purchase Holafly’s Dominican Republic eSIM, you need to consider their current data plan variants, which are as follows:
|Days of use||Amount of mobile data||Price (USD)|
|5 days||2.5GB||$27 USD|
|7 days||3.5GB||$34 USD|
|10 days||5GB||$37 USD|
|15 days||7.5GB||$47 USD|
Frequently asked questions about the SIM card for Dominican Republic
If you go to the Dominican Republic, you may connect to wireless networks in hotels, restaurants, and bars. For this reason, it is best to bring a data SIM card and avoid having to search for WiFi.
In the Dominican Republic, the mobile market is currently dominated by the following operators: Claro, Altice, Viva, and Wind Telecom. Holafly, for example, uses Claro’s networks for its physical chip.
The SIM card for Dominican Republic, in the case of Holafly, has 4 variants available, and their prices range from $27 to $47 dollars.
Because you will save money on international roaming and time searching for WiFi networks. In the case of Holafly, you can choose between a SIM card or an eSIM card. You decide what’s best for you!
Finally, we would like to recommend other destinations where you should have a SIM card: