Dubai and its amazing buildings is a city everybody wishes to visit. So if you are planning to go to Dubai soon, the first thing you should know is how you can connect to the internet in Dubai, because without internet during your trip it will be impossible to upload your best photos to your social networks, or even ask for an Uber to transport you. In this article, we will show you how you can connect to the internet in a very economical and simple way through the Dubai SIM Card.
If this is the first time you hear about the Dubai SIM Card, don’t worry, because in this article we will tell you how you can buy this product, where to buy it, how much it costs and what it offers. So if you are interested in connecting to the Internet with this SIM card Dubai, keep reading.
- 1 Where can I buy a SIM card chip for Dubai?
- 2 To begin with, do not hesitate to shop before leaving for your trip.
- 3 The Holafly online store
- 4 Buying your SIM Card upon landing in Dubai
- 5 What is the price of a SIM card for Dubai?
- 6 Holafly’s eSIM for Dubai: the new way to have mobile internet
- 7 How much does the eSIM for Dubai cost?
- 8 Frequently asked questions about the SIM card for Dubai
Where can I buy a SIM card chip for Dubai?
Currently, you have two options to get your Dubai SIM card. The main one and the one we recommend the most is through online stores. However, below we present in more detail where and how you can buy this product and avoid roaming in this destination.
- Buy the SIM card for Dubai by browsing the Internet through an online store, such as Holafly (we will tell you more about it later).
- Get a SIM card for Dubai in physical stores of local operators that you will find located in the air terminal where you arrive.
As we mentioned before, the most recommended option is to purchase your Dubai SIM card through an online store. This way you can have your SIM Card before traveling, which will save you a lot of time because you will not have to wait in long lines at the stores in the airports of Dubai. In addition to other advantages that we will tell you below.
To begin with, do not hesitate to shop before leaving for your trip.
If you want to follow our recommendations, we are going to explain to you, in a little summarized way, the reasons why it would be good to buy your Dubai SIM card before leaving for your trip:
- On the internet, you can find several online stores offering SIM cards for Dubai. You will have a range of alternatives, with different prices and features to choose from.
- Save time in the planning and development of your trip. You will arrive in Dubai without having to look for a place where they sell you a prepaid SIM card.
- Based on the above, one of the virtual stores where you can purchase your SIM Card for Dubai, and the store we recommend the most, is the virtual store Holafly. Here we will tell you why it is considered one of the best and our favorite alternatives.
The Holafly online store
The first thing you need to know about Holafly’s online store is that it specializes in selling international SIM cards, both virtual and physical, for business trips or vacations. Accordingly, the Dubai SIM card offered by Holafly will provide you with mobile internet only during your vacation, that is, for a certain period of time. The following are some of the advantages of the Dubai SIM card offered by Holafly:
- It has the coverage of Etisalat, one of the best mobile operators in Dubai.
- In addition to the 6GB of 4G data provided by the SIM Card Dubai, you also have unlimited 2G data throughout your trip.
- You’ll have support and attention from Holafly 24 hours a day (via chat in the online store). In addition, you can also be assisted by WhatsApp and email.
- You keep your WhatsApp number in your language, so you can continue using this app.
- With this SIM card, it is possible to share mobile data with more devices.
- Easy to follow instructions for installation and activation; no hassle or many steps.
Buying your SIM Card upon landing in Dubai
Although the most recommended option for us is to buy your SIM card to connect to Dubai before traveling through an online store like Holafly. The truth is that buying your SIM card in Dubai is an option that many travelers around the world choose, since this way they can choose between more operators and analyze more prices/advantages.
To purchase one of these SIM cards in Dubai, you can easily do it at the international airport or in the many shopping malls of this city. However, remember that these physical stores have their opening hours so, if you travel to Dubai and arrive in the early morning or late at night, you are likely to find these stores closed. The mobile operators providing services in Dubai are Etisalat and Du.
Etisalat branch in Dubai
Etisalat has its own SIM card for travelers and stands out for the following features:
- Exclusive plans for devices supporting 5G networks.
- No contract of permanence.
- Includes the Physical SIM card and the data plan of your choice.
- Data plans are available from 4GB of data up to unlimited data.
- All plans include minutes
- The minimum validity period is 10 and the maximum of 30 minutes.
- Customer service and support via telephone.
Du Store in Dubai
When you are at the Dubai airport you will most likely see a Du store. Their prepaid SIM card is characterized by this:
- Unlimited free internet to make calls over apps like WhatsApp or Skype.
- Possibility to share data with more phones.
- You can connects to 4G LTE networks and even 5G in some cases.
- It has minutes in all its data plans.
- Its data plans include discounts on attractions.
Knowing the characteristics of the SIM cards of Arab operators will help you decide if it is worth buying your SIM card for Dubai when you arrive at the airport, or if it is better to opt for more alternatives.
What is the price of a SIM card for Dubai?
In the case of Holafly’s online store, the Dubai SIM card currently has only one data variant, and these are its features and current prices:
|Days of use||Amount of mobile data||Price (USD)|
|15 days||6GB||$60 USD|
Holafly’s eSIM for Dubai: the new way to have mobile internet
eSIMs are one of the best alternatives you can have if you want to connect to the internet without the need to pay for roaming and if you are unable to purchase your SIM card. Because, in principle, the eSIM is like the traditional physical SIM Card, however, its main feature is that, unlike the SIM Card, the eSIM is totally virtual and, therefore, you do not have to wait for an address or anything like that.
In addition to this, the price of the eSIM and the traditional SIM Card is very similar, along with its advantages and features. The only thing you need to know is that, in order to activate the eSIM, your cell phone must have a built-in SIM from the factory, if your cell phone has it, you just have to scan a QR code and start browsing. However, if your cell phone does not have this SIM, you will not be able to use the eSIM in any way.
Advantages of Holafly’s eSIM for use in Dubai
If you are interested in learning more about the eSIM for Dubai, we recommend that you purchase the eSIM offered by Holafly’s online store. Just like the physical SIM cards for Dubai from this provider, its eSIM also has advantages, which are as follows:
- There are no registrations or subscriptions to purchase this eSIM.
- You keep your WhatsApp number without any problem.
- High-speed connection in cities such as Dubai and all Arab Emirates.
- Purchase and receive the QR code instantly, through your email.
- Mobile data sharing is possible with this data eSIM.
- You can use your physical SIM card and eSIM at the same time.
How much does the eSIM for Dubai cost?
The prices of eSIMs and international physical SIM cards depend on many things, among these things is the coverage they may have in the country you are going to travel to. The eSIMs with the best coverage are also the ones that tend to cost a little more. In the case of the eSIMs offered by Holafly in their online store, they use the Etisalat Mobile mobile network, with excellent coverage in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, and Sarja. Their price and features are as follows:
|Days of use||Amount of mobile data||Price (USD)|
|15 days||6GB||$49 USD|
Frequently asked questions about the SIM card for Dubai
Because it is the best way to have Internet at all times during your trip. This way you don’t have to search for free WiFi networks or pay for high international roaming charges.
There are several ways: WiFi networks, international roaming, or with a SIM card. We recommend the latter option because your mobile data will be with you everywhere you go in Dubai.
It depends on each operator, however, with Holafly you get 24-hour attention and support via chat in the online store. In addition, there is assistance via WhatsApp and email.