If you are going to travel to the Old Continent you should know how important it is to carry a Europe SIM card or an eSIM data card on your mobile phone if your phone is compatible with these devices. This is if you want to have access to the internet at all times to document your journey through these legendary lands.
Once you find yourself in fascinating countries and discover their architectural, cultural, and gastronomic riches, you will most likely want to share your experiences on social media. The ideal solution for this would be to have a data SIM card or a virtual SIM card that offers excellent benefits.
- 1 Where can I buy a SIM card when I travel to Europe?
- 2 Ideally, you should buy your SIM card chip before you travel
- 3 Holafly’s online shop
- 4 Buy your SIM card when you arrive in Europe
- 5 What is the price of a chip SIM card in Europe?
- 6 eSIM for Europe, internet alternative on your smartphone
- 7 Cost of the Holafly eSIM for Europe
- 8 Frequently asked questions about the SIM card for Europe
Where can I buy a SIM card when I travel to Europe?
In this article, we will talk about some ways in which you can get a SIM card chip for Europe, for example.
- Get a SIM card from an online shop that specializes in mobile cards for use abroad. One option is offered by Holafly.
- Buy a SIM card when you arrive at the airport of the European destination you are visiting.
Ideally, however, you should buy the Europe SIM card before you travel. Read on to find out how to do this.
Ideally, you should buy your SIM card chip before you travel
Again, we emphasize that it is best to buy your Europe data SIM card before you leave for your trip. And some reasons to do so are:
- Buying your SIM card before you go to Europe will save you a lot of time. Once you arrive at your destination on this continent you will no longer have to go from shop to shop looking for this device.
- Getting your mobile data SIM card from an online shop saves you time. You can also better organize your expenses before you travel.
In this regard, one way to purchase the Europe SIM card before you travel is to visit Holafly’s online shop. We will tell you more about this alternative below.
Holafly’s online shop
Holafly is an online shop that offers SIM cards for many places in the world. So, if you are going to Europe, having the Holafly mobile data SIM card will make your trip much more enjoyable. Here are some of its main features:
- If you happen to be going to countries like Italy, Germany, Spain, France, Luxembourg, or Switzerland, Holafly gets your SIM card to you wherever you are within 48 hours on average. If you need it urgently, you can receive it within 24 hours for an extra charge of $5.11 dollars.
- Insert the SIM card into your mobile phone when you land, activate “data roaming” in your phone’s settings, and you’ve got internet access!
- Support and technical help 24 hours a day via chat, the online shop, and Holafly’s phone lines.
- You keep the number of your line so you can use WhatsApp without any inconvenience.
- Mobile internet coverage for 48 countries in Europe.
Buy your SIM card when you arrive in Europe
Another option to get a SIM card is to look in the different European operators’ shops depending on the airport you are arriving at. This is an alternative that many international travelers still opt for because of the freedom to choose between several operators and thus analyze the price/benefit ratio.
Once you arrive in the European country where your tour will begin, locate the physical shops of mobile internet service companies such as:
Let’s take a look at what some of these companies offer.
Vodafone shops in Europe
When you’re in a European airport you’re almost certain to find a Vodafone shop. Their data SIM card features:
- Internet at 4G and 5G speed. This applies to specific cases and depends on the smartphone.
- Data packages that are generally not rechargeable.
- You cannot share your data with other devices.
- Please note that the Vodafone Smart SIM is a roaming SIM, so you may need to activate roaming in your mobile phone settings.
- If you happen to pass through a country not covered by the Vodafone Smart SIM, your SIM card will not work.
Yoigo shops in Europe
When you arrive in Europe you will find Yoigo operator shops that offer you:
- Free-roaming in Europe.
- Unlimited free calls.
- 20 GB browsing per month. But if you run out of data and you have already paid the monthly fee, the speed is reduced and there are no extra charges.
Orange shops in Europe
When you visit an Orange shop at airports in Europe, you will most likely be asked for your passport if you are going to buy the SIM card on offer. In addition, you should keep in mind other features such as:
- Their SIM cards include calls, messages, and data for surfing.
- It is valid for 14 days after activation.
All this information will help you to organize your budget for the time you stay in Europe. That is why it is important to know the rates and operators.
What is the price of a chip SIM card in Europe?
If, after learning about Holafly, you are encouraged to buy a SIM card for Europe, then take a look at its rates and features:
|Days of use||Amount of mobile data||Price (USD)|
|30 days||8GB||$37,72 USD|
|30 days||12GB||$48,81 USD|
eSIM for Europe, internet alternative on your smartphone
An eSIM or digital SIM card is a device that is part of the hardware of the mobile phone, without needing to be installed in a special place. It is 90% smaller than a nano-SIM and is configured via QR code. With Holafly, you can purchase an eSIM that you can use in several international destinations. All you have to do is go to their online shop.
This Holafly eSIM or virtual SIM card can be purchased online wherever you are. For example, via your phone, tablet, or computer. Let’s take a look at its main advantages so that you can decide to go for it.
Advantages of the Holafly eSIM when going to Europe
The Holafly eSIM or virtual SIM card that you will use in Europe offers you:
- Full speed internet (4G LTE).
- Internet sharing with other devices.
- 24/7 support via chat in your online shop and by phone.
- Possibility to use your eSIM card and SIM card at the same time.
- It is an easy and secure virtual purchase that does not tie you to a permanent contract.
- You keep your WhatsApp line so you can continue using this app.
Cost of the Holafly eSIM for Europe
If you’ve decided on the eSIM for Europe, here are the different mobile data-only tariffs available for your consideration:
|Days of use||Amount of mobile data||Price (USD)|
|7 days||3GB||$27 USD|
|15 days||5GB||$34 USD|
|20 days||8GB||$44 USD|
|30 days||10GB||$49 USD|
Frequently asked questions about the SIM card for Europe
With Holafly you won’t have any major problems. Their team will provide you with 24 hours a day, seven days a week support and technical assistance via their online shop chat. It is also possible to request assistance via telephone.
When you arrive at an airport in Europe you will find physical shops of local operators. However, it would be best to buy a SIM card from online shops such as Holafly.
Because this way you will avoid having to search for WiFi networks in public places or commercial establishments, or carry a WiFi pocket all the time. Having a SIM card or eSIM card is the best option for mobile internet.
Once you are in Europe, you must insert the SIM card in your mobile phone and activate data roaming, at which point your SIM card will start to be valid for destinations on this continent.