If you are the type of person who loves to travel and get to know new places, then you should know that staying connected to the International internet while traveling to another country is essential. So, a SIM card for Finland will allow you to enjoy the best internet connection, in case you will be traveling to this beautiful European country. With an International SIM card, you will be able to stay in touch with your friends and family, make restaurant reservations, order cabs, and much more.
Throughout this article, we will be telling you all about how to buy a SIM card for your trip. We will explain all the options you will have to choose from, and of course, their prices, so you will always have your travel budget ready. Read on to find out much more!
Where can I buy a SIM card for Finland?
To start with this article, we will talk about perhaps the most important point of all. Next, we will tell you a little bit about the main ways in which you can buy a SIM card for Finland; pay attention:
- Virtual stores: with the new trend of virtual businesses, it will be very easy to find a virtual store that will offer you SIM card services for your travels. This option has become a favorite of many due to the ease of the purchasing process.
- Physical stores of cellular operators in Finland: On the other hand, the most common option of all time is to purchase your SIM card in a physical store of any operator in the country you are visiting.
Now that you know the two main ways to buy your SIM card, it is important to mention that each one has its advantages and disadvantages. Besides, with one of them, you will be able to make your purchase before you start your trip, which could bring you plenty of advantages. Read on to find out more!
Get your SIM card before you start your trip.
If you decide to purchase your SIM card before you start your trip, then you are making an excellent decision. Because it will be a great advantage which will bring you different benefits, such as:
- You will not have to spend time looking for physical stores in Finland to buy your SIM card.
- You’ll be able to connect to the internet immediately once you arrive in the country. So, you will be able to keep in touch with your family and friends without having to wait.
- You will be able to choose between different alternatives since you will be able to compare different stores from the comfort of your home and choose the one you like the most.
Now that you know why you should buy your SIM card before your trip begins, it is time to discuss the way to make your purchase, which is through online stores. One of the best ones currently is undoubtedly Holafly, and we will tell you more about it below.
Holafly online shop
We have already mentioned Holafly on several occasions, and that is because this is one of the most preferred online stores for buying international SIM cards and eSIMs. With this store, you will be able to buy a SIM card for Finland that will give you the following benefits:
- You will have the possibility to choose between different data plans for Finland, depending on the days that suit your trip.
- With the Europe SIM card, you will be able to enjoy the internet in more than 40 countries in Europe, including Finland, of course.
- If you are worried about running out of cellular data in the middle of your trip, with the Holafly SIM card, this will not be a problem, as you will be able to enjoy unlimited data.
- The purchase process is very simple through Holafly’s website, and you will be able to do it in just a few minutes.
- You can opt for the free delivery offered by the company, and your SIM card will arrive in 72 working hours.
- You will enjoy 24-hour technical service from the Holafly team.
Buy your SIM Card when you land in Finland.
The second option with which you can buy your SIM card for Finland is once you land in Finland. You should look for local cellular operator stores and ask if they sell SIM cards for travelers.
Two of the best cellular operators in the country are Tealia and Elisa, and with them, you will be able to get certain phone services as a tourist. However, keep in mind that when it comes to local purchases, you will often be asked for identification, as well as a local address.
Telia’s physical store in Finland
First, Telia is one of the most recognized cellular operators with the best coverage in Finland. So if you are interested in buying one of their SIM cards, you should consider the following features:
- You’ll find many stores to buy SIM cards from.
- They offer different data plans for people to use.
- People can later change their SIM card to an eSIM if needed.
- Good coverage in most cities in Finland.
- Some of their plans offer unlimited data.
Elisa’s physical store in Finland
As a second option, we have Elisa, another of the big cellular carriers that operate in Finland. When you arrive in this country, you will find physical stores of this operator, where you can buy one or several of their services with the following features:
- There are various data plans available.
- Decent coverage with Elisa Mobile.
- There’s a limit on how many SIM cards plans a person can buy.
- Easy to get as a resident but not as a tourist.
We have already explained in detail the different options you have to buy a SIM card for your trip to Finland. However, we have not discussed something as important as the prices, which we will discuss below.
How much does a SIM card for Finland cost?
Now you must know the prices of the Holafly SIM card for Finland, which are detailed in the following table:
|Days of use||Amount of cellular data||Price (USD)|
|5 days||Unlimited data||$29|
|10 days||Unlimited data||$39|
|15 days||Unlimited data||$49|
|20 days||Unlimited data||$59|
|30 days||Unlimited data||$87|
|60 days||Unlimited data||$169|
|90 days||Unlimited data||$239|
Holafly’s eSIM for Finland: a new way to stay connected
International eSIMs have become one of the preferred options for internet connectivity among travelers. Many people do not know what an eSIM is, and it is common since this is a relatively new product.
eSIMs are the digital version of SIM cards. This means that they work completely online and do not require physical installation. They work because they are embedded in many of the latest generations of smartphones.
Holafly offers an eSIM for Finland, with which you can enjoy an excellent internet connection. However, before purchasing one, remember to check that your phone is compatible with them.
What are the advantages of Holafly’s eSIM for Finland?
You must know the different benefits that you will have with Holafly’s eSIM for Finland, which we will discuss below:
- You will be able to connect to one of the best internet networks in the country.
- You will enjoy full-speed internet in 4G.
- People can activate an eSIM with just a QR code.
- In case of a problem with your eSIM, Holafly offers 24/7 support via chat in the online store. In addition, over the phone support is also available.
- You won’t have to worry about running out of cellular data, as you can enjoy unlimited data.
How much does the eSIM for Finland cost?
Finally, the table below lists the various data plans that Holafly’s eSIM offers, along with a price for each plan:
|Days of use||Amount of cellular data||Price (USD)|
|5 days||Unlimited data||$19|
|10 days||Unlimited data||$34|
|15 days||Unlimited data||$47|
|20 days||Unlimited data||$54|
|30 days||Unlimited data||$64|
|60 days||Unlimited data||$84|
|90 days||Unlimited data||$99|
Frequently asked questions about the SIM card for Finland
No, you don’t. The process of buying your SIM card for Finland with Holafly is simple, fast, and secure. Moreover, you do not need to present supporting documents, such as a passport or other documentation.
Some do; for example, the one we just talked about from Holafly for Europe works well for more than 40 different destinations!
Yes! As long as two SIM card ports are available, people can get to use them both!
Even though we can say there are other alternatives for people to use, none of them are better than SIM cards. Roaming is more expensive, just like pocket WiFi, so that makes a SIM card a great option.