The best SIM card to use in Panama will be a travel item that you will need because it is a must-have. If you want to have the internet at all times during your adventure, then it is best that your mobile phone has this device.
When you are walking around Panama City and its beautiful tourist attractions, you will want to share those unique moments on your social networks. To do this, the best thing to do is to have a data SIM card for Panama. Here we will tell you the best options and their prices for you to consider.
- 1 How to get a SIM card for Panama?
- 2 Why buy before you leave your country?
- 3 Holafly online shop
- 4 Buying the SIM card for on landing
- 5 How much does a SIM card for Panama cost?
- 6 Holafly’s eSIM Panama: a new option for mobile internet access
- 7 How much does the eSIM for Panama cost?
- 8 Frequently asked questions about the SIM card for Panama
How to get a SIM card for Panama?
First of all, we will tell you the two main ways in which you can acquire a SIM card. Currently, these are the most common alternatives among frequent travelers:
- Buy the SIM card in a digital shop that sells international SIM cards, in this case for this country (such as Holafly, which we will tell you about later).
- Buy the SIM card in the physical branches of operators from Panama. You will find these shops at the airport where you arrive.
These are the most popular ways to get the SIM card to use in Panama, however, it is best to get this device before you leave for Panama.
Why buy before you leave your country?
The SIM card to buy in Panama can be obtained, a few days before leaving your country, through an online shop. The benefits of doing this are:
- When you arrive in Panama, you will not have to look for a data SIM card, so you will save valuable time on your trip.
- Through the Internet in virtual shops, the purchase is usually easy, safe and fast.
If we are talking about online shops where you can buy a SIM card, we can’t recommend a better one than Holafly, and that’s why we are going to tell you about it now.
Holafly online shop
First, let’s talk about the online shop we are about to recommend to you. We talk about Holafly. it is a virtual shop, which specializes in offering international SIM cards and eSIMs. For this case, Holafly has the SIM card to use in Panama, which will provide you with the Internet in this country. Take a look at its main advantages:
- This SIM card includes a phone number, so you can receive calls.
- Technical support 24 hours a day in the shop’s chat. Likewise, there is telephone support.
- It is a very easy SIM card to install and activate, thanks to its simple instructions.
- In addition to Panama, this SIM card works in other countries such as Costa Rica, Peru, Chile, Nicaragua, Brazil, Puerto Rico, Uruguay, and El Salvador.
- You keep your WhatsApp number, without any inconvenience.
Buying the SIM card for on landing
There are many frequent travelers and tourists who, at present, are still inclined to buy the mobile data SIM card in person. With this in mind, you can purchase the SIM card for Panama at the airport you arrive at. But we must tell you that Panama has very big airports, so it may take a little bit of your time.
Depending on the airport you land at, you will find physical branches of Panamanian mobile phone companies. The most popular operators are Claro and Movistar.
Claro shop in Panama
Once you arrive at the airport you will find a physical shop of the operator Claro, which is one of the mobile operators with the largest presence in Latin America. Their data SIM cards are characterized by:
- Low-cost SMS and calls within Panama.
- Customer service on the operator’s website.
- Data can be shared and can be accumulated for future top-ups.
- Internet on 3G and 4G LTE networks.
Movistar branches in Panama
You will most likely find a physical Movistar branch in the airport. This prepaid SIM card has these features:
- Mobile data SIM cards cannot be recharged.
- Different means of payment, both face-to-face and virtual.
- There are specific navigation packages for social networks.
- There is a clause or contract for new users.
To take into account your budget and expectations of the quality/price of the SIM card for Panama, it is necessary to know all the options you have.
How much does a SIM card for Panama cost?
If after reading all about the options you have to get a SIM card, you are interested in what Holafly has to offer, their SIM card currently has two variants, and these are:
|Days of use||Amount of mobile data||Price (USD)|
|30 days||8GB||$37,12 USD|
|30 days||12GB||$51,32 USD|
Holafly’s eSIM Panama: a new option for mobile internet access
As for us, it is important to tell you all the alternatives you could have to stay connected to the internet, we’ll like to talk about eSIMs. They are a device that is revolutionizing the way to have mobile internet. It is a digital sim card that goes inside the hardware of the mobile phone, without the need for physical installation. It is even smaller than a nano-SIM and is configured using QR codes.
In Holafly’s online shop, you will find the data eSIM for Panama, an alternative that you could consider to enjoy the Internet in this country. Below, we will show you its advantages.
Benefits of Holafly’s eSIM for Panama
If we talk about the Holafly eSIM or virtual SIM card for use in Panama, this device has these advantages that will make you enjoy the best mobile Internet:
- Easy to set up and install using a QR code.
- You keep your WhatsApp number, and you can continue using this app.
- No surprise bills and no long-term contracts.
- You can share mobile data with more devices.
- There is 24-hour customer service (via in-store chat).
- It is possible to use the eSIM and physical SIM card at the same time, in case you need to use both devices.
How much does the eSIM for Panama cost?
You are about to purchase the eSIM for Panama from Holafly, so you should be aware of its unique mobile data variant:
|Days of use||Amount of mobile data||Price (USD)|
|15 days||6GB||$44 USD|
Frequently asked questions about the SIM card for Panama
In the case of Holafly, if you have a problem with your SIM card in Panama, you are entitled to technical support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (via chat).
Because it is the best way to stay connected to the internet. This way, you will not depend on public WiFi networks or international roaming with your national operator.
It depends on the gigabytes and the number of days of the Panamanian operators’ sim cards. In the case of Holafly, their SIM card costs between $38 and $49, depending on the option you choose.
If you purchase the Holafly SIM card for Panama, once you activate data roaming when you arrive at the airport, from this moment on your data will start to count.
Before finishing this article, we recommend other countries in Latin America where you should have a data SIM card: