If your next trip will be to Peru, this article will inform you about something very important. Here we will talk all about how to get a prepaid data SIM card for Peru, and thus have mobile internet in this fascinating South American country.
When you are already in tourist places like Cuzco, Lima, or Trujillo, you will want to upload the best photos and videos to share on your social networks. To achieve this, you will need to have the best prepaid SIM card for Peru on your cell phone.
Where can I buy a SIM card for Peru?
The prepaid SIM card for Peru can be obtained in the following ways. We hope you can decide on one of them for this trip:
- Buy the prepaid SIM card in a specialized digital store.
- Get the prepaid SIM card in physical stores of Peruvian operators, once you are at the airport.
You should also keep in mind that one of the easiest and safest ways to get a prepaid SIM card for Peru is before leaving your country. We will talk more about this below.
Buying before leaving your country
If you buy or acquire a prepaid SIM card to use in Peru before leaving your country, you may benefit in the following ways:
- You will save time in planning your trip. Once you are in Peru you will not have to worry about getting an internet connection, because, with the SIM card, you will already have mobile data at the moment you arrive in the country.
- Ease of purchase. Acquiring the prepaid SIM card for Peru is a simple and easy process to do, totally online, through specialized virtual stores.
In this sense, we would like to recommend to you our favorite place online to purchase the prepaid SIM card. We are talking about the virtual store Holafly. This is a website where you will be able to buy SIM cards for many destinations around the world.
The Holafly online store
We tell you that Holafly is a virtual store, of international cards for many countries around the world. In this case, the Holafly SIM card is an excellent way to have mobile internet in Peru. Its main features are the following:
- You’ll be able to use this prepaid SIM card in other countries such as Brazil, Chile, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Panama, Puerto Rico, Uruguay, and Costa Rica.
- If you would like to keep your WhatsApp number, in order to maintain communication with your contact, then you’ll be able to keep it without any problem.
- Holafly offers technical assistance and helps 24 hours a day, in the virtual chat of the store. There is also email and WhatsApp support.
- This prepaid SIM card includes a phone number, and you can use this number to receive calls.
- It’s very easy to install and activate the SIM card, without complicated steps.
- You will have connection speed in 3G networks.
Buy your prepaid SIM card when you land in Peru
On the other hand, there is a second option to buy a prepaid SIM card in Peru. When you arrive at the airport of your destination you can look for and purchase this device in physical stores of mobile operators that have a presence in this country.
Generally, you will find physical branches of mobile companies such as Movistar and Claro. These two operators have prepaid SIM cards and have features that we will see now.
Claro’s physical store in Peru
When you arrive in Peru, you will most likely find a physical Claro Peru store. The data SIM card of this operator has these features:
- Connection to 4G LTE networks.
- Variety of navigation data packages, by the number of days.
- Attention and technical support in the operator’s physical branches.
- Include a local number to receive and make calls.
Movistar’s physical branch in Peru
Once you arrive at the international airport you will see a branch of Movistar Peru. Its prepaid physical SIM card for mobile data is characterized by this:
- Some navigation packages are focused on social networks.
- Technical assistance is provided in the operator’s physical stores.
- No number portability process.
- There is a permanence clause or contract.
Take into account local operators, considering your travel budget and quality/price expectations of the prepaid SIM card for Peru.
How much does a SIM card for Peru cost?
In this case, Holafly has the data SIM card for Peru, and below we show you its data variants, with the respective prices to take into account:
|Days of use||Amount of mobile data||Price (USD)|
|30 days||8GB||37 USD|
|30 days||12GB||48 USD|
Holafly’s eSIM for Peru: a new option for mobile internet
A digital SIM card or virtual data eSIM is a device that does not require physical installation, as it is installed in the hardware of the cell phone (usually high-end). On the other hand, it is smaller than a nano-SIM and is configured with a QR code.
If you are interested in this virtual device, there is nothing better than buying it through the Holafly online store. There you will find the data eSIM for Peru that you can purchase anytime and anywhere you are. Now let’s take a look at the main advantages of this virtual prepaid SIM card for Peru.
Positive points of Holafly’s eSIM for Peru
Holafly’s mobile data eSIM for Peru has a series of advantages or benefits, which will provide you with an excellent mobile internet experience. Take a look at its positive points:
- Easy to set up through a QR code, which you receive shortly after purchase.
- Customer service and support 24 hours a day, in the store’s virtual chat. Similarly, you can be assisted by email or WhatsApp.
- Share mobile data with more devices around you. This is good news, in case you travel with more people.
- It is possible to use the eSIM and the prepaid chip for Peru at the same time.
- You keep your WhatsApp number to continue using this messaging app.
- A high-speed connection is 4G LTE network.
How much does the virtual eSIM for Peru cost?
If your phone or cell phone is suitable for managing a virtual chip (see the list of compatible phones), we recommend using Holafly’s eSIM for Peru. These are their prices and data variants:
|Days of use||Amount of mobile data||Price (USD)|
|15 days||6GB||44 USD|
Questions about the SIM card for Peru
Without a doubt, and despite the options you have, Holafly gives you the best prepaid SIM card to use in Peru. With this device, your mobile internet experience will be the best in this country.
If you are going to take a prepaid SIM card to Peru, you should know that this physical SIM card will connect to the networks of Claro, one of the most popular mobile operators, and with the most stable connection in the region.
When you arrive at the airport in Peru, you may see some physical branches of local operators. But also, before leaving your country, you can buy a prepaid SIM card in digital stores, such as Holafly.
You will have nothing to worry about since, in the case of Holafly, you will get 24-hour technical support and attention in the online store’s chat. Likewise, if you wish, you can receive attention by email or WhatsApp.
We end this article by recommending other destinations to carry SIM card data or an eSIM: