Switzerland is a beautiful country that a lot of people wish to visit. So if you are about to travel to this country, you must consider carrying a SIM card in your cell phone, or if your phone is high-end and compatible, a virtual data eSIM. To have mobile internet at all times of the trip, it will be a device that will make this possible for you.
When you are already in places like Zurich, Bern, or Geneva, you will surely take photos and videos to share on social networks. For this, the ideal is to have a data SIM card in Switzerland, which will provide you with the internet service you will need.
- 1 Where to buy a SIM card to travel to Switzerland?
- 2 Don’t hesitate to buy it before leaving for your trip
- 3 Get to know Holafly’s online store
- 4 You can buy your SIM card when you land in Switzerland.
- 5 What is the price of the SIM card for Switzerland?
- 6 Holafly eSIM for Switzerland: the virtual alternative
- 7 How much does the eSIM for Switzerland cost?
- 8 Frequently asked questions about the SIM card for Switzerland
Where to buy a SIM card to travel to Switzerland?
If you are looking for ways to buy a SIM card for your trip to Switzerland, then we will tell you about two different options to get a SIM card in order to have mobile internet during your trip. Each of these ways has its own advantages and disadvantages. We will be talking more about them, so you can choose the best one for you. The most popular options are as follows:
- Getting the Swiss SIM card from an international prepaid SIM card digital store, such as Holafly (we’ll talk more about this store later).
- Purchase the SIM card to use in Switzerland, once you arrive at the airport of the city you are going to visit. You can get it in physical stores from local operators.
However, we advise you to buy the SIM card to use in Switzerland before leaving for this European country. If you continue reading, we will tell you more about this alternative.
Don’t hesitate to buy it before leaving for your trip
As we mentioned a little while ago, buying the SIM card data to use in Switzerland before leaving for your trip is a good option, and this is due to reasons such as the following:
- It will be a purchase that you can make physically or virtually, as you prefer. You will have the chance to choose between physical or digital stores.
- Purchasing your SIM card for use in Switzerland before traveling will save you time in organizing your trip. When you are in Switzerland you will no longer have to worry about searching for an internet connection everywhere.
- It will allow you to have an internet connection once you arrive in Switzerland. So you could maintain your communication with others.
If we are talking about an easy way to purchase a SIM card before traveling, Holafly’s online store is what you are looking for. Below, we will give more details and information about this option.
Get to know Holafly’s online store
Holafly is a virtual store that offers SIM and eSIM cards for many destinations in the world, to be used by frequent travelers like you. In this case, this store has the data SIM card in Switzerland, and these are some of its main advantages:
- Includes a UK phone number, and you can use this number to receive calls.
- Easy setup and installation on your cell phone or tablet.
- 24-hour support from the Holafly team, in case you have a problem with your SIM card.
- You keep your WhatsApp number in your language, and you can keep using this application.
- It is possible to share your mobile data with more devices. It is good if you travel with more people.
- You will have mobile data at 4G speed.
- It has coverage from Sunrise, Swisscom, Salt, depending on the city.
You can buy your SIM card when you land in Switzerland.
We are going to tell you about the second alternative to buying the SIM card that you will use in Switzerland. We are talking about acquiring this mobile device in physical stores of local operators, especially at the airport where you arrive.
Once you land at the airport in Zurich, Bern, Geneva, or any other city in Switzerland, locate the physical stores of the most popular cell phone companies in this country: Sunrise and Swisscom.
Sunrise stores in Switzerland
In a Sunrise store in Switzerland you will find a data SIM card, which is generally characterized by these features:
- Unlimited local calls within Switzerland.
- Unlimited text messaging throughout Switzerland.
- Mobile data packages, from 2 to 5 GB of data.
- No permanence clause or contract.
Swisscom stores in Switzerland
When you arrive at the airport of any major city in Switzerland you will see a physical Swisscom store. Their SIM card is characterized by the following:
- Their mobile data plans range from 500MB to 5 GB.
- Upload and download on the network, at high speed.
- 4G network connection.
- Technical assistance and help in on-site stores.
By knowing the rates and features of the SIM card offered by local operators, you will have enough information to make a good choice.
What is the price of the SIM card for Switzerland?
Since you have decided to buy a SIM card for use in Switzerland, we would like to show you the prices and variants of this physical device:
|Days of use||Amount of mobile data||Price (USD)|
|30 days||8GB||40 USD|
|30 days||12GB||51 USD|
Holafly eSIM for Switzerland: the virtual alternative
Let’s first define what it is. An eSIM is a device that comes installed in the hardware of the phone, so it requires physical installation. In addition, it is configured using a QR code. As we said before, Holafly also has virtual SIM cards and offers you the data eSIM for use in Switzerland.
Holafly’s virtual eSIM can be purchased online, from the comfort of wherever you are. Now, we want you to know the main advantages you will get with this virtual SIM card.
Advantages of Holafly’s eSIM for use in Switzerland
If you decide to purchase the Swiss data eSIM for your trip, this is a device that will give you a series of advantages. Here are its main features:
- You can share your mobile data with more devices.
- Customer service 24 hours a day, in the store’s virtual chat. You will also get assistance by email or WhatsApp.
- You keep your number to use WhatsApp.
- It is possible to use the eSIM and SIM card at the same time. Your operator will charge you for roaming.
- High-speed connection with no surprise bills.
- Simple instructions and configuration of the eSIM, through a QR code.
How much does the eSIM for Switzerland cost?
If your cell phone or cell phone is suitable for Holafly’s eSIM for Switzerland, here are the different variants and prices for you to consider:
|Days of use||Amount of mobile data||Price (USD)|
|15 days||6GB||44 USD|
Frequently asked questions about the SIM card for Switzerland
As soon as you insert the SIM card for use in Switzerland, and activate data roaming, the number of days of the data plan comes into effect.
The best way to do it is through an online store before traveling. The best in this sense is Holafly, in this online branch you will get this SIM card, and for more destinations around the world.
With Holafly, your SIM card will connect to three possible cell phone companies: Sunrise, Swisscom, or Salt. It will depend on the city or region where you are in Switzerland.
Holafly’s team will provide you with 24-hour support and technical assistance through the online store chat. Even, you can also be assisted by WhatsApp and email.
You may also be interested in these entries: